Tags: 8024400a, audio, drivers, error, microsoft, msdn, receiving, shipped, software, solutions, toinstall, tun, update, vista, werent, windows, windowsupdate_8024400a, windowsupdate_dt000

Error 8024400A - WindowsUpdate_8024400A WindowsUpdate_dt000

On Microsoft » Microsoft Software & Solutions

6,501 words with 9 Comments; publish: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:37:00 GMT; (30085.94, « »)

I keep receiving this error when I try ro tun Windows update, which I need to

install my audio drivers (for some reason they werent shipped on Vista 5600)

- but on built 5728 I cant run WU. Can anyone help with this?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 9 Comments
    • Just distroy you'r computer and get a replacement because that can be a way

of solving a problem with audio drivers (if they are foren audio drivers)

"xmix77" wrote:

> I keep receiving this error when I try ro tun Windows update, which I need to

> install my audio drivers (for some reason they werent shipped on Vista 5600)

> - but on built 5728 I cant run WU. Can anyone help with this?

#1; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:38:00 GMT
    • "xmix77" <xmix77.ms-software.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

news:032879BF-0321-414D-A4CD-4D01E02D631E.ms-software.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

>I keep receiving this error when I try ro tun Windows update, which I need

>to

> install my audio drivers (for some reason they werent shipped on Vista

> 5600)

> - but on built 5728 I cant run WU. Can anyone help with this?

Hi xm

If you post in the correct group, somebody there may be able to help as your

problem seems to have been caused through downloading betaware on your

computer.

I wish you the best of luck.

Rgds

Antioch

VISTA

GENERAL NEWSGROUP VIA O.E.

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...vista.general

BUG REPORTING:

FEEDBACK:

MICROSOFT WIN VISTA NEWSGROUP

#2; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:39:00 GMT
    • "xmix77" wrote:

> I keep receiving this error when I try ro tun Windows update, which I need to

> install my audio drivers (for some reason they werent shipped on Vista 5600)

> - but on built 5728 I cant run WU. Can anyone help with this?

I'm getting the same thing on my 64bit build 5728 since I upgraded from 5600

RC1.

Don't seem to have the same issue with the 32bit 5728 PC.

I'm just going to try going back to a restore point and if need be do a

clean install of 5728.

#3; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:40:00 GMT
    • "eheheh" wrote:

> "xmix77" wrote:

> I'm getting the same thing on my 64bit build 5728 since I upgraded from 5600

> RC1.

> Don't seem to have the same issue with the 32bit 5728 PC.

> I'm just going to try going back to a restore point and if need be do a

> clean install of 5728.

Correction - I just tried the 32 bit version of 5728 and it has also started

coming up with the same error code when I try to do the windows update.

Is MS blocking updates on 5728?

#4; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:41:00 GMT
    • I'm getting the same message and have never had trouble updating before.

Could someone who has official info let us know whether there are problems

with the Vista update services. I have no trouble using the internet and am

connected full time, so it isn't that. Thanks.

"xmix77" wrote:

> I keep receiving this error when I try ro tun Windows update, which I need to

> install my audio drivers (for some reason they werent shipped on Vista 5600)

> - but on built 5728 I cant run WU. Can anyone help with this?

#5; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:42:00 GMT
    • Jo,

Read the replies in the previous posts - this is NOT a betaware group.

Antioch

"Jo" <Jo.ms-software.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

news:4E425ECA-0DA4-4429-8A06-14161E7520B2.ms-software.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]

> I'm getting the same message and have never had trouble updating before.

> Could someone who has official info let us know whether there are problems

> with the Vista update services. I have no trouble using the internet and

> am

> connected full time, so it isn't that. Thanks.

> "xmix77" wrote:

#6; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:43:00 GMT
    • Hi

I have the same problem.

What's about Microsoft? Have anyone heard what they mean?

"xmix77" wrote:

> I keep receiving this error when I try ro tun Windows update, which I need to

> install my audio drivers (for some reason they werent shipped on Vista 5600)

> - but on built 5728 I cant run WU. Can anyone help with this?

#7; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:44:00 GMT
    • "uuwwee" <uuwwee.ms-software.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi

> I have the same problem.

> What's about Microsoft? Have anyone heard what they mean?

Have you read the posts in this thread?

Try the correct group for betaware vista

Antioch

[vbcol=seagreen]

> "xmix77" wrote:

#8; Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:45:00 GMT
    • Where is the correct group? I was directed here by the Windows Vista Help

itself.

"antioch" wrote:

> "uuwwee" <uuwwee.ms-software.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> news:18F48184-A961-4762-AA0A-293B3219AD39.ms-software.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

> Have you read the posts in this thread?

> Try the correct group for betaware vista

> Antioch