Tags: 80073b01, code, error, helloi, install, installation, internet, microsoft, msdn, searched, software, solutions, sp1, theerror, time, vista

SP1 installation error "80073B01"

On Microsoft » Microsoft Software & Solutions

4,680 words with 5 Comments; publish: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:58:00 GMT; (300109.38, « »)

Hello!

I tried to install Vista SP1 four times till now and every time I get the

error code "80073B01". I searched the internet but found nothing, that

explained this code.

I'm using Home Premium 32 (german version) and installed the pre-SP patches

before. Any ideas?

Thanks!

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 5 Comments
    • It would be very nice if someone could help me with this. :o(

#1; Fri, 30 May 2008 22:00:00 GMT
    • Please doublecheck that error number. I can only find two online references

for 80073B01: One is your thread here; the other is your thread (I assume)

in the gaming forum www.gamestar.de.

Free Support for Vista SP1 Installation Issues

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

djducky wrote:

> I tried to install Vista SP1 four times till now and every time I get the

> error code "80073B01". I searched the internet but found nothing, that

> explained this code.

> I'm using Home Premium 32 (german version) and installed the pre-SP

> patches

> before. Any ideas?

> Thanks!

#2; Fri, 30 May 2008 22:01:00 GMT
    • Thanks for tryin' to help me! I checked that error code more than six times

or so and did the search before. That's why I wrote down my problem here. I

also made the experience, that my threads are the only ones with this issue.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please doublecheck that error number. I can only find two online references

> for 80073B01: One is your thread here; the other is your thread (I assume)

> in the gaming forum www.gamestar.de.

.ms-software.todaysummary.com.Robert:

Thanks for your help. When I type "net helpmsg 15105" in the cmd.exe, I

actually get a german error message which contents " The resource loader

cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry." But without any codes like "0x3B01".

Excuse my silly question, but now I wonder which log you mean exactly and

how procmon can help me while I try to update to SP1?

Thanks in advance.

#3; Fri, 30 May 2008 22:02:00 GMT
    • Well, I found a solution for me now:

I searched for a solution for the MUI-entry problem and found a forum post

where somebody explained, that he just temporarily deactivated the Vista user

control and got it work. So i did this and double-checked to deactivate my

AntiVir.

Well, it didn't help me with the MUI-entry problem but after that SP1

installed properly.

Strange world,

Thanks!

#4; Fri, 30 May 2008 22:03:00 GMT
    • "djducky" <djducky.ms-software.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

news:32066181-6280-48D8-9D30-A53FEE14332F.ms-software.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

> Hello!

> I tried to install Vista SP1 four times till now and every time I get the

> error code "80073B01". I searched the internet but found nothing, that

> explained this code.

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">

E:\>set /a c = 0x3B01

15105

E:\>net helpmsg %c%

15105 is not a valid Windows network message number.

</cmd_output>

Do you get any different reply to: net helpmsg 15105

on your Vista?

Something like this perhaps?

(Live Search for

15105 error codes site:microsoft.com

<quote>

ERROR_MUI_FILE_NOT_LOADED

15105

0x3B01

The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry.

</quote>

> I'm using Home Premium 32 (german version) and installed the pre-SP patches

> before. Any ideas?

I guess the German version would want the MUI File loaded? ; )

If you want to find out what it's called I suspect you will need to search your logs

for any instance of the above codes. In any case I would try using ProcMon to supplement

whatever diagnostics you do manage to come up with.

> Thanks!