todaysummary.com's home » Microsoft »» Microsoft Software & Solutions

Stack error: Error code:0x50012b8 PointSec Database corrupt.PsMain (Microsoft Software & Solutions Question)


Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:32:00 GMT, 15 comments.

At bootup this morning before displaying the Windows logo the following error string is displayed:

Database corrupt.PsMain: 568c

PsMain: 98bd

PsMain: 9b45

PsMain: 49d6b

PsMain: 3ca6f

PsMain: af6

PsMain: 78

PsMain: ba

I am able to get into the BIOS but that's all. I can't get it to bootup in safe mode or enter the PointSec encryption menu. Has anyone ever experienced this error and is there a way to fix without totally reinstalling the OS.


tags: 568cpsmain, 98bdpsmain, bootup, code0x50012b8, corrupt, corruptpsmain, database, displayeddatabase, displaying, error, following, logo, microsoft, msdn, pointsec, psmain, software, solutions, stack, string, windows


  1. You can run repair of windows or try last good known configuration. What software are you running for the database?

    Cyber.

  2. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    At bootup this morning before displaying the Windows logo the following error string is displayed:

    Database corrupt.PsMain: 568c

    PsMain: 98bd

    PsMain: 9b45

    PsMain: 49d6b

    PsMain: 3ca6f

    PsMain: af6

    PsMain: 78

    PsMain: ba

    I am able to get into the BIOS but that's all. I can't get it to bootup in safe mode or enter the PointSec encryption menu. Has anyone ever experienced this error and is there a way to fix without totally reinstalling the OS.

    Hi,

    Use windows cd and chose R for recovery console. once you are in recovery console change to your cd drive and run fixboot for example d:\> fixboot c:

    helpful links

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

    Good luck!

    Shekeba

  3. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    At bootup this morning before displaying the Windows logo the following error string is displayed:

    Database corrupt.PsMain: 568c

    PsMain: 98bd

    PsMain: 9b45

    PsMain: 49d6b

    PsMain: 3ca6f

    PsMain: af6

    PsMain: 78

    PsMain: ba

    I am able to get into the BIOS but that's all. I can't get it to bootup in safe mode or enter the PointSec encryption menu. Has anyone ever experienced this error and is there a way to fix without totally reinstalling the OS.

    1st Step

    verify the computer name

    secrch computer file (_.rec) file

    go to that decryption

    in prosess

    try this step

  4. I have the same issue. the issue isn't with the installation of Windows. Its with PointSec. Its a hard drive encryption application. PointSec doesn't have any Knowledge base to access for troubleshooting this error.

    Its not MFT, or MBR, or an NFTS issue. Its PointSec.

  5. Hi Everybody,

    I received the following error message on my screen today on a notebook:

    ----------------

    *** STOP ***

    Error code is 0x50012b8

    Stack backtrace:

    Psmain -6927

    Psmain -9069

    Psmain -a2c5

    Psmain - 4ce5b

    Psmain - 3fadf

    Psmain - c27

    Psmain - 78

    Psmain - ba

    ----------------

    Could you help me?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regars,

    zjenei

  6. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    Hi Everybody,

    I received the following error message on my screen today on a notebook:

    ----------------

    *** STOP ***

    Error code is 0x50012b8

    Stack backtrace:

    Psmain -6927

    Psmain -9069

    Psmain -a2c5

    Psmain - 4ce5b

    Psmain - 3fadf

    Psmain - c27

    Psmain - 78

    Psmain - ba

    ----------------

    Could you help me?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regars,

    zjenei

    Most of the answer is <EDIT: Merged threads.> (Found by searching msdner for "psmain" - plus I had just seen it).

  7. Yes it is Pointsec. You need your pointsec admin to create a recovery disk for you and provide you with a password. It will decrypt your HD and it is a lengthy process. It takes about 2-4 hours. After this you hd should boot up fine.
  8. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    Hi Everybody,

    I received the following error message on my screen today on a notebook:

    ----------------

    *** STOP ***

    Error code is 0x50012b8

    Stack backtrace:

    Psmain -6927

    Psmain -9069

    Psmain -a2c5

    Psmain - 4ce5b

    Psmain - 3fadf

    Psmain - c27

    Psmain - 78

    Psmain - ba

    ----------------

    Could you help me?

    Thanks a lot.

    Best regars,

    zjenei

    Hi zjenei. I'm same issues. This occured because I'm using PointSec.

    Did dou solve this problem?

    Help me, please!!!

    Thanks.

  9. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    Hi zjenei. I'm same issues. This occured because I'm using PointSec.

    Did dou solve this problem?

    Help me, please!!!

    Thanks.

    Hi webo. I've merged this with a thread containing many answers and suggestions on how to fix your problem.

    I hope you find the one that works for you.

    Good luck,

    Barton

  10. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    I have the same issue. the issue isn't with the installation of Windows. Its with PointSec. Its a hard drive encryption application. PointSec doesn't have any Knowledge base to access for troubleshooting this error.

    Its not MFT, or MBR, or an NFTS issue. Its PointSec.

    I got a simialr message and called Pointsec and waiting for a reply. Has anyone else experienced similar issues where Pointsec acting strange on laptops even after its been installed for a while.

  11. Quote:
    === Original Words ===

    Yes it is Pointsec. You need your pointsec admin to create a recovery disk for you and provide you with a password. It will decrypt your HD and it is a lengthy process. It takes about 2-4 hours. After this you hd should boot up fine.
  12. Received this error today, rebooted and got it again shortly after hitting the PointSec login screen.

    It was caused by having a USB device (BlackBerry) attached to the system at bootup.

    FYI!

    Hope it saves someone having to unencrypt/reencrypt.

    -bho

  13. We are also seeing similar issues with USB port hubs attached to the system when running the installation. If you remove the USB port hub prior to the install it seems to run much cleaner.

    Mike

  14. The database Corruption is not grounds for removing PointSec or any of the other answers above. contact Pointsec and get the utility for the database corruption. -- either CD or floppy or USB image. Quick fix to repair the DB.
  15. Hey guys, im getting the same issue as everyone else and desperatly need help!

    Getting the *** STOP in PsMain ***

    error code: 0x5001287

    Stack backtrace :

    etc etc etc

    It happens when i run an emergency decrypt on it as my company states it.

    Im using a USB drive that i loaded the recovery software on and am booting from it. It works fine then errors out at 56% and thats when i get this blue screen error.

    Please advise/help/train

    Thank you much!

    Tom

Hot Articles & Questions on "Microsoft Software & Solutions"

Browse Topic


©ms-software.todaysummary.com, All Rights Reserved. [91.80]